Animosity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forums of the Mercenary Clan, Animosity.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Animosity has finally made our clan In-game please speak with an Admin.

A challenge in training...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Doncer

Doncer

A challenge in training... Empty
PostSubject: A challenge in training...   A challenge in training... EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 4:33 pm

Clan scrimmages and wars will soon be a part of Mercenary Wars, and I want this clan to be ready for them. At the moment, it is my viewpoint that we simply aren't. As such I intend to increase our overall skill by forcing you people to outwit and outfight me.

I don't consider myself to be a pro, and my inability to hear sound is an extra handicap which in most clans would place me low in the skill rankings, but at present there's very few people in the clan that can beat me in total kills in a 1 vs 1 situation without assistance from other players or bots, and only Swiftwolf can do it consistantly with very little failures when I'm not bugged up. This is not good since there are many ace players out there in other clans.

As such I am proposing the following challenge...

I will fight you in a One versus One challenge of a game type FFA, DM, or Bomb. No bots, and room locked to prevent others from interfering. You choose the game type, the map, the weapon restrictions, and who is on which team.

The only rule I'm putting into this challenge is that glitch usage games and lag related games will not count, and this rule is only in place because it is the clan's skill that needs training, not it's ability to glitch or lag. Wink

After you complete a game with me, if you are sucessful, place a screenshot of your victory screen in the thread I'm posting this into on the Animosity clan forums: https://animositymw.forumotion.com/ along with how many tries it took you to achieve victory.

I'm hoping to see a thread full of screenshots of my being owned in a very low amount of tries, and if I see a few people doing it on the first try even better! So accept this challenge and make me look like a rank amateur. But be warned.. the next challenge will be to do the same to Swift. Wink

Only once enough clan members have proven they can beat Swift and thus proven that in a straight-up fight they can pull their own, will we move on to the team tactics training. All of the team tactics in the world can't save a team without skill to back it up. But it is the intent of this exercise to build up both in this clan.

Let's show the other clans in this game that we not only have Animosity, we also have skill.
Back to top Go down
SWIFTWOLFX

SWIFTWOLFX

PostSubject: Re: A challenge in training...   A challenge in training... EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 4:50 pm

.............mhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......................Wonder who wil be the first 2 take me..........
Back to top Go down
kemenar1

kemenar1

PostSubject: Re: A challenge in training...   A challenge in training... EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 6:34 pm

ill go for it Very Happy nce Doncer

Last edited by kemenar1 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kemenar1

kemenar1

PostSubject: Re: A challenge in training...   A challenge in training... EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 6:35 pm

ill most likely fail :-0
Back to top Go down
SWIFTWOLFX

SWIFTWOLFX

PostSubject: Re: A challenge in training...   A challenge in training... EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 8:16 pm

i wouldnt say more responsible than the leaders soldier...........................................................
Back to top Go down
killroy

killroy

PostSubject: Re: A challenge in training...   A challenge in training... EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 8:18 pm

i fail against both of them but the match with doncer was very close and the one with well lets just say he made it look to easy
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/deathhauntsme
Doncer

Doncer

PostSubject: Re: A challenge in training...   A challenge in training... EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 12:54 am

That's why I'm before Swift in this challenge. I make a lot easier benchmark for training to beat than he does as you're a lot more likely to beat me than him. Just keep at it trying different things until you succeed with me, and then try to pull off an upset with him using those techniques or different ones. Razz

I'm thinking we need a third person as a tester before me for our newer members with less experience, but I'm not really sure who it should be. Whoever it is needs to 'just' hard enough to beat that it motivates, while still being beatable so that they do not give up. That's what Swift is for me... it's "possible" for me to beat him, but it's difficult and almost never happens. This makes me a great stepping stone in between 'normal' players and him. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kemenar1

kemenar1

PostSubject: Re: A challenge in training...   A challenge in training... EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 9:23 am

Oh and I had a chance of beating you Doncer who knows how it might of turned out because of the stupid bugs at the end most the game we were wierdly tying it up every now and then!

Last edited by kemenar1 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SWIFTWOLFX

SWIFTWOLFX

PostSubject: Re: A challenge in training...   A challenge in training... EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 12:22 pm

Maybe soldier,maybe.... I think we need another person 2 doncer cuzz your somewhat ig uess the 2 best player in this clan and we need someone less skilled (no offensive) 2 help the new clan members or players that could improved.
Back to top Go down
kemenar1

kemenar1

PostSubject: Re: A challenge in training...   A challenge in training... EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 12:50 pm

i thought it was challange lol
Back to top Go down
SWIFTWOLFX

SWIFTWOLFX

PostSubject: Re: A challenge in training...   A challenge in training... EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 4:48 pm

It is...............and dont ask stupid questions
Back to top Go down
Doncer

Doncer

PostSubject: Re: A challenge in training...   A challenge in training... EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 5:23 pm

soldier is the first to pass, barely by 1 kill, and with great hiding skill for the last minute of the match once he got ahead near the end. lol

This game has caused a new rule for these challenge matches, however, as due to Swift's pressence the game was.. full of distractions. As such room max player limit for these will from now on be restricted to 1:1.

Having two males in the game wearing the same color clothes, both of whom were firing at one point causing muzzle flashes in two locations, was quite a visual distraction for me, and (although it doesn't affect me since I never have sound) I would bet that the sounds of Swift being in the room were an extra audible distraction for soldier as well.
Back to top Go down
NeoXion

PostSubject: LETS GO   A challenge in training... EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 9:09 am

Doncer I challenge you in a plant the bomb, no restrictions, at mosque.
Back to top Go down
NeoXion

PostSubject: LETS GO   A challenge in training... EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 9:09 am

Doncer I challenge you in a plant the bomb, no restrictions, at mosque.
Back to top Go down
Doncer

Doncer

PostSubject: Re: A challenge in training...   A challenge in training... EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 12:40 pm

Okies Neo catch me in-game and we'll set it up. It'll probably be tomorrow though as today I'm going to be out of the house.

Edit:

Neo challenged me to a Plant the Bomb game, and won in a blowout. I probably should have limited out the Bomb game in hindsight, having only one life per round can end very fast when lucky headshots are a factor.

Ah, well, if anyone else wants to trump me good, try taking a page out of Neo's book and try a bomb game. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Doncer

Doncer

PostSubject: Re: A challenge in training...   A challenge in training... EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 7:20 am

omgawditsme suceeded today on his second try and appears quite anxious to be sedated by Swift. Wink

He banked his luck on a death match in the Factory and then did a very find job of using the scenery to keep me from seeing him until I was dead or the time had run out. It's tough to find someone only using visual cues and knowledge of popular spots without even having a muzzle flash to go by. Take his victory as a sign... if you only fire at me from ambush or behind you'll have a far better chance of survival and from there success. Wink

As with previous victors I'll try to always announce all of these successes along with their conditions to give anyone who's so far failed to take the challenge or failed to pass it a chance to try a similiar strategy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A challenge in training...   A challenge in training... Empty

Back to top Go down

A challenge in training...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Animosity :: Mercenary Wars-
Jump to: